Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 0

If you haven't heard of the Whole30 or the book It Starts with Food then you probably won't understand anything I'm about to talk about. But that's okay, you can feel free to read about those things then come back to this.

One of the reasons I wanted to try the Whole30 was because I have a really bad coke addiction (the cola, not the hard drug) and I also really love sweets. One of the claims that stuck out to me was that after this 30 days of clean eating your cravings will be gone. So, it's worth a shot.

Day zero has already had it's own challenges. I needed to buy all new food for next week and have a general idea of the meals I wanted to eat so I don't completely have an anxiety attack when I'm starving and all I have is this raw nonsense in my fridge.



So, I went out to Wal-Mart and bought a crock pot and spent what I think is an obscene amount of money for food that I'm going to consume in about a week.

I'm trying this recipe (minus the plantains) for a couple of dinners this week. Right now it's sitting in my crockpot and looks really gross. Hopefully it looks more appetizing tomorrow.



Another thing was boiling eggs for my breakfast tomorrow. I don't think I have ever boiled an egg so that obviously needed to be googled. I think that was a success.

So, tomorrow I'm starting for real. I've read the book, subscribed to the daily emails and I have taken a "before" picture that will NEVER make it's way on this page. Ever.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment