Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 1

So I'm almost done with Day 1, I'm still waiting for my baked sweet potato to get out of the oven. I didn't realize it took so long to bake a potato. I also got to wake up to my apartment smelling so delicious because of the pork in the crockpot. It was glorious.



I discovered a lot this first day like, I hate boiled eggs. They grossed me out so bad this morning. I had boiled 3 eggs and sautéed peppers and onions. I also threw in a banana as well. This is what it looked like:




I ended up eating 1.5 eggs, and then everything else. I took a couple bite of that delicious pork just to be sure I had enough protein, it was AMAZING.

I went to Tuck Fest at the USNWC with my work today which was pretty fun, there were a lot of people out there and I had to deal with my first temptation. My co-worker went off somewhere and came back with delicious looking chicken tacos. She claimed one was for me and I had to decline and she ended up eating both of them anyway. I think she was just being polite.

For lunch I had baby carrots (bleh), green beans (yum), half an avocado and some shrimp. The avocado and shrimp were so good, I'm hoping I will adapt to eating vegetables because right now it's not going so well, they just seem so unappetizing.


Because I could barely stomach boiled eggs I had a thought to make beef and veggie patties for the morning. That way most of the vegetables are already built in and I get my protein too. I tasted my concoction and it was way better than boiled eggs. It's just ground beef with chopped peppers and onions.





Yum!

For dinner I had the amazing pork stuff and a couple of strawberries and I'm still waiting on that sweet potato...

I took a lot of pictures of this because 1. I was so proud of myself and 2. It's the best tasting thing I've had all day.

That concludes day one. I guess I can't really note any changes since it's only been one day, but I can say I definitely feel like I'm eating enough and don't feel deprived. It's also REALLY time consuming to sit down and actually eat and chew food. This morning I really just wanted to resort to instant oatmeal! Only 29 more days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment